The Indian Army has released a notification for the recruitment of SSC Tech 57 Entry. Interested and Eligible candidates can download the official notification from here and apply for the same.
Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. Course will commence in Oct 2021 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Tech 57
(a) Nationality: A candidate must either be :-
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, will attach such certificate alongwith the application.
(b) Age Limit:
(i) For SSC(Tech)- 57 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 28 Women. 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2021 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 94 and 01 Oct 2001, both days inclusive).
(ii) For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only. SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 Oct 2021.
Note. The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate or an equivalent examination certificate on the date of submission of application will only be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(c) Educational Qualification for Applying:
Candidates who have passed the Engineering Degree course or are in their final year of the Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply for the SSC (Tech).
The candidates who are in their final year should submit their proof of passing by 01 Oct 2021 and later produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Educational Qualification for Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness:
SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline. SSCW (Tech). B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
The candidates studying in the final year of Degree must ensure that she submits the proof of passing Degree exam by 01 Oct 2021 to the Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which her candidature will be cancelled.
A total of 189 vacancies will be recruited through this recruitment process, of which 175 are for SSC (Tech)-57 Men and 14 for SSCW (Tech)-28.
How to apply?
1. All the applications will only be accepted online on their official website, www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click the ‘Registration’ tab.
2. Fill in the given form carefully
3. Press the Apply Online tab under the Dashboard. As soon as you click that, a page ‘Officers Selection ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course.
4. Read the application form carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill in the details.
5. After filling in details in the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit’.
6. Candidates should remember to always click on ‘Submit’ each time they open the application to edit any details.
Remember to take out 2 copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of the online application on last day.
Starting date of Online Application: May 25, 2021
Last date of Online Application: June 23, 2021
Official Notification: Click here
Official Website: Click here